State ID: AE381
WA has a large and vibrant hospitality industry, from bars and cafes through to world class restaurants and venues, hotels and resorts. Hospitality offers a range of both entry level jobs and career progression opportunities. If you’re keen to get back into the hospitality service industry or just get started, this skill set is for you.
You will learn responsible service of alcohol (RSA), barista skills using commercial machines, how to communicate effectively and provide quality service to customers including establishing rapport, determining and addressing their needs, and responding and managing complaints. You’ll also learn how to process cash and other payments using business technology and reconcile takings at the end of the service period or day. The skillset also includes infection control and prevention procedures and food safety.
This skill set includes the following unit of competency:
• SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol
• SITHFAB005 Prepare and serve espresso coffee
• SITHFAB007 Serve food and beverage
• SITXCCS006 Provide service to customers
• SITXFIN001 Process financial transactions
• SITXFSA001 Use hygiene practices for food safety
• HLTINFCOV001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
Delivery consists of:
• Face-to-Face Classroom Training: 2 days per week (4 hours a day)
• Virtual Classroom Sessions: Weekly sessions through Microsoft Teams
• Online Self-Paced Learning: Access our online learning portal and complete learning and assessment in your own time
• Workplace: Practical assessments conducted in your workplace
Support is provided throughout the course by a dedicated trainer/assessor.
Custom training delivery and dates are available for groups. If you would like more information please contact us.
Course dates and enrolment links are provided below under Enrol Now.
The course is delivered over 8 weeks.
Course duration depends on each individual student and when they have completed all their learning and assessment requirements.
This course is free under the Jobs and Skills WA Skills Ready initiative. All fees are 100% subsidised by the WA State Government so that there is no cost to you. Fees apply for non-eligible students.
|Funding Type||Tuition Fee|
Fees are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment, such as credit transfers and delivery arrangements.
This course is 100% free for eligible students that meet one or more of the following criteria:
You will require access to a workplace to complete practical assessments.
Computer and internet access is required to participate in virtual classroom training and complete online learning and assessment.
Click on the relevant enrolment link and complete the registration form. Our Support Team will contact you to discuss your course requirements. If you have any questions please contact us.
Hospitality Service Skill Set
Funding available for eligible students
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
8 weeks delivery