National ID: BSBSS00095 | State ID: AE188
This skill set is designed to equip workers from all industries with the skills and knowledge to reduce the risk and transmission of infection while carrying out routine work activities.
Reduce your business and personal risk through completing this course. This course is designed for delivery to your Business.
This skill set includes the following unit of competency:
• BSBWHS332X Apply infection prevention and control procedures to own work activities
You will learn:
• Hand hygiene practices
• Environmental cleaning
• Use of personal protective equipment
• Disposal of contaminated waste
• Hazard identification, control and reporting
• Appropriate protocols and responses in the event of an incident
• Basis of infection and transmission
We can deliver this skillset in a mode to suit your business and personal requirements.
Suited for students with access to a workplace. Delivery includes:
• Access to our online learning platform where you can complete learning and assessment at any time
• Virtual classroom workshop through Microsoft Teams
• Workplace assessment
Suited for students without access to a workplace. Delivery includes:
• 1 day workshop at one of our training centres
• Access to our online learning portal where you can complete learning and assessment at any time
• Support provided by a dedicated trainer/assessor
• Simulated assessment
Face-to-face and virtual classroom training can be organised for groups. If you would like more information please contact us.
Specific course dates are listed below under Enrol Now.
12 – 25 hours of learning and assessment.
This course is free under the Jobs and Skills WA Skills Ready initiative. All fees are 100% subsidised by the WA State Government so that there is no cost to you. Fees apply for non-eligible students. Fees are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment.
Who is eligible
All residents in Western Australia over the age of 15 years old.
This includes temporary residents holding one of the following visa types:
• Holders of a sub-class 309, 444, 785, 790, 820 or 826 visa
• Secondary holders of a temporary visa of sub-class 457
• Holders of a Bridging Visa E (subclasses 050 and 051) where the visa holder has made a valid application for a visa of subclass 785 or 790
Who is not eligible
• Persons living outside of Western Australia, or Australia, are not eligible
• International students and people on a student visa are not eligible
• Students who are still at school are not eligible, and cannot enrol in the free skill sets
Click on the ‘contact us’ and our Support Team will contact you to discuss your course requirements. If you have any questions also please contact us.
HLTSS00064 Infection Control Skill Set (Healthcare)
HLTSS00065 Infection Control Skill Set (Retail)
HLTSS00066 Infection Control Skill Set (Food Handling)
HLTSS00067 Infection Control Skill Set (Transport and Logistics)
BSBSS00095 Cross-Sector Infection Control Skill Set
Free for eligible students
1 – 3 months
Visit Jobs and Skills WA, Skills Ready for more information.